Incentive Description: The Start to Work Incentive is available to graduating high school students planning on entering the workforce or trade school post-high school graduation. Priority is given to students who plan on entering the workforce. Three incentives of $2,000 each will be awarded to one student from Beckman, Western Dubuque, and Maquoketa Valley.
Qualifications: High school seniors for the 2022-2023 school year who are seeking to enter the workforce post-high school graduation. Graduating students do not have to be employed at Decker Concrete or APC.
Eligibility: Listed below are the eligibility requirements for this incentive:
- Graduating high school seniors for the 2022-2023 academic school year who are seeking to enter the workforce post high school graduation. (Graduating students do not have to be employed at Decker Concrete or APC).
- Must be enrolled and on track to graduate in the 2022-2023 school year from Beckman High School, Western Dubuque High School, or Maquoketa Valley High School.
- Applied, or currently applying for full-time, long-term employment post-graduation.
- Eligible for all work industries including (but not limited to): construction, manufacturing, entrepreneurship, business, cosmetology, fashion, etc.
- Proof and demonstration of good work ethic and intentionality
Essay Submission: The criteria for the essay due at the submission of a student’s application are listed below. An online PDF version can be found by clicking the “Apply Here” button at the bottom of the page.
- Street Address, City, State, Zip Code
- Cell Phone, Evening Phone
- High School, Current GPA, expectant date of graduation
- Post graduation, will you be entering the workforce for full-time permanent work or enrolling in college?
- If entering the workforce post-graduation, have you been offered employment? If so, name of company:
- If enrolling in college, name of college and degree program:
- Detailed paragraph on what you would do with the incentive money if awarded.
- Detailed paragraph on how you plan to make a positive contribution at your employer or college during your first year, post-high school.
- Detailed paragraph describing why you should be selected for this incentive.
Email Essay Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY: April 21st, 2023
Please direct all questions to Tiffany Digman, Human Resources, at 563-875-2557
Note that any amounts received by you as part of this incentive program may be subject to federal and state income taxes