2330 Commerce Ct. SW, Dyersville, IA 52040
Monday – Friday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
This position is responsible for creating computations and drawings for precast concrete components and structures. APC’s Structural Engineer assists in preparing project drawings for production.
This Position is For You If:
- You enjoy watching projects come to life with the ability to watch production from the same office.
- You have confidence in leading and supporting multiple projects on a concurrent basis.
- You demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- You are always looking for ways to innovate and improve products and processes.
APC Core Values
- Committed to the Cause
- Passion to the Vision
- Selfless Acts of Work
- Will to Make a Difference
- Be 1% Better Every Day
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create submittal drawings in conformance with the intent of contract documents and design requirements.
- Generating fabrication drawings for final approval and release to production.
- Working closely with production, purchasing, and installation teams to resolve project issues.
- Coordinating accurate estimated completion dates with project managers.
- Prepare structural computations and specify design requirements for precast components, precast structures, and associated connections.
- Submitting Requests for Information (RFIs) as required during the precast design process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Professional Engineering registration in State of Iowa and the ability to obtain registration in additional states if necessary.
- Excellent understanding of the design and construction process.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations to structural analysis of building systems and components.
- Clear understanding of building code requirements.
- Experience with Autodesk software.
- Literacy in engineering software programs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Previous experience in working in the precast concrete industry.
- Previous experience preparing structural precast computations.