2330 Commerce Ct. SW, Dyersville, IA 52040
Monday – Friday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
This position is responsible for formulating estimates, proposals, and budgets for various precast projects. This position will work alongside APC’s Marketing Department, Director of Finance, and Project Manager to develop cost efficient sales for our customers.
This Position is For You:
- Have 5 years’ of experience in estimating government, commercial and retail projects.
- Have previous (verifiable) results that candidate was the lead on project bid awards and was successful.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and build client relationships.
- Believe and represent APC’s Core Values.
- React well to change and detours.
- Driven to be a good teammate.
APC Core Values
- Committed to the Cause
- Passion to the Vision
- Selfless Acts of Work
- Will to Make a Difference
- Be 1% Better Every Day
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead an estimating team and/or work independently to create responsive proposals to both simple and complex requests for Precast bids.
- Receive and evaluate subcontractor quotes for applicable scopes and alignment with contractor bid documents.
- Continually develop and maintain relationships with architects, engineers, general contractors and clients.
- Work, communicate, present, and negotiate directly with construction managers, architects, engineers, and subcontractors to win business for APC.
- Directly prepare detailed quantity take-offs, develop assumed specifications, and assign market relevant cost factors to fully articulate preliminary/final construction cost estimates.
- Analyze various precast projects open for bidding.
- Present project schedules for daily and weekly reports.
- Advise and facilitate in management bid reviews.
- Conduct site visits as required.